Saturday, September 10, 2011

50th REUNION

We are just now home from attending Dear Wife’s 50th reunion.

It lasted two days, Friday evening and much of Saturday.

There was fellowship and laughs and tears and hugs and reminisces and speeches and recognitions of each other and food and drink and tours.

We visited the school.
We visited one of the great houses of the United States.
We looked back over half a century.
And we thought about our futures.

At our table was the grandson of one of the most influential families of American history, a fellow alumnus.

I love it.
I talked up the tour of his grandparents' home before I realized who he was.

I love it.

My 50th was two years ago.
A double whammy, delivered two years apart.
Wouldn’t have missed them.

There is no real point to this posting. Just a few facts.

Dear Wife knew [recognized] quite a few of her classmates. And they remembered her.
A few teachers were there, one was about to turn 100 years of age.

As an old retired teacher, my mind runneth over.

I encountered one of my students as we were leaving the Friday night cocktail party … and he remembered this old fella.
And I have been retired quite a while now.

I love it.

'Tis late.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of 9/11.
Take a moment and reflect.

Lest we forget.

Lots to think and write and talk about.
Lots indeed.

No comments: