Tuesday, November 8, 2011

HUMBLING

I’ve just completed listening to an interview with a very high-level physicist – one of those fellows who study string theory; relativity; multiverses; brane theories…that is not brain, by the way….
And I have read the transcript of the interview.
And I am impressed.
And confused.
And out of my depth.

And I am reminded of an old saying: “A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.”

Well, in the realm wherein such fellows as the above work, all knowledge is a little knowledge to such as me…

I cannot begin to do justice what I am now trying to ingest/digest.

But…my o my.

We are reminded that there is so much information available to us now…

Masterpiece Theatre Sunday night made this point: “There is so much intelligence/data available…it is hard/perhaps impossible to tell what is important.”

It is easy to get fooled…to argue over things about which we know little or nothing in matters of science, religion, really important questions.

And we can make the mistake of thinking that we really can know all there is to know about things…..

We don’t really even know all the things there are to know about, much less do we or can we know all about them.

No comments: