Monday, July 20, 2009

HENRY ALLINGHAM - R.I.P. - FOLLOWUP

Joel over at The Mole Hole was good enough to reference and honour the passing of Henry Allingham, sole survivor of the 1918 Royal Air Force which served in The Great War.

Good coverage is to be found at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1200516/After-113-remarkable-years-Henry-Allingham-worlds-oldest-man-passes-history.html;jsessionid=5EE89FF6BAD8E8B56D2D35FE5DC15AD6

Boy, some addresses sure are lengthy.

Mr. Allingham is worth remembering, as Joel points out.
I submit that he was a member of another Greatest Generation.

And I repeat, there is no Greatest Generation.
All such generations of such great men and women are The Greatest.

I add one tidbit re his longevity:
Mr. Allingham jokingly attributed his long life to : cigarettes, whiskey and wild, wild women.

Now, why would I find that endearing??

No comments: