Sunday, November 1, 2009

16th CENTURY ALL OVER AGAIN

Here is one now.
Perhaps you only see what you are looking for…but I cannot believe this.

Change a few words or a few names and you could be reading an op-ed piece from the Spanish/Papal authorities of the Sixteenth Century.

Read the link. I cannot believe it is written in a responsible paper.
I admit I am not familiar with the paper.

http://thebulletin.us/articles/2009/11/01/commentary/op-eds/doc4aed0aaba1b11133063904.txt

The author has Henry VIII roasting in hell.
The English Church will likely be coming home if it agrees to the Papal terms.
The nonsense of the Protestant Reformation is now apparent for all to see.
This is the end of the Anglican Church of England and the Episcopal Church of the USA.
The small blaze will grow into a conflagration. As an aside, this is a particularly unfortunate use of words in this context.

A light has cut through the darkness.

And all of this because of the new Papal initiative.

I know I wrote a few days ago of a sense of being back in my grad school days researching the death plots and impossible dreams of the Roman Catholics laboring to reestablish their church in England as I considered this new papal offer, but to read this article and perhaps others like it being written today is just too much.

I shouldn’t be but I am surprised. To see such blatant ignorance, of the past as well as of the present, is…well, is a mind blower.

I think on this note I will go and read some light and frivolous fiction and congratulate myself on recognizing again the regrettable truth that old errors, old ignorances die hard if they die at all.

Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: