Thursday, May 21, 2009

RAINY NIGHT IN THE NORTH

Thursday night in the North.
It is late. I’ve written that a lot lately.
We tell the truth, most of the time.

It is raining, gently.

We biked to town for sandwich lunch and coffee.
Weather then was windy, bright, and hot.

We smelled things, good things, that we had not smelled in a long time.
And we saw things that we haven’t seen in a while.

The wind blew one of my notepapers out of my bike basket up and away and down into a cow pasture, over an electric fence and in amongst a small herd of cows.
A muddy field.

Mary Kay would not go in and get it for me.
I wouldn’t either.

Now it is rainy, no wind, cold and damp.
Things change.

Before setting out this AM, we listened to the Cheney speech given at the AEI, the American Enterprise Institute.

A performance, quite a performance.

We missed the opening remarks. We were busy into the Northern routines: get up; walk Sophie; put on coffee; network with returning neighbors; plan for the day; etc.

And Mary Kay said, let’s check Fox News.

And there he was, saying it like it was/is.
Mary Kay has good ideas.

I will not rehearse the statements now, but we will get the text of the talk and use it when necessary – whenever we have to discuss the merits of the two Administrations with regard to safeguarding our Nation.

Get the text.
Too many folks will not ever see or hear of it.
And tell them what you take away from it.

I know it is out of order, but I wonder what was on the paper that flew in amongst the cow patties.

I hope I will never know – will never need to know.

The Cheney statements were easily understood. They were plainly stated.
They made sense.

Perhaps a growing number of folks will come to terms with their accuracy.
Perhaps not.

God did not promise a rose garden.

Anyway, we are in the North. God is in His Heaven. And if there are some things not right with this world, then somehow we will deal with them.

God willin’.

No comments: