Tuesday, February 26, 2008

RE...I SEE BY THE PAPERS

I called the paper in question.

Kind folks referred me to a news editor who called me back in a few hours.
He said that I was not the first to call and that they were embarrassed.
He apologized for the errors and said that a retraction had been printed.

Of course I thanked him and said that we were long-time customers and had noticed changes in the paper.

He asked what kind.

For lack of a better word I replied that we felt that the paper was…shrinking.

He agreed, explaining that paid advertising was less than it had been, that they had fewer pages to fill, that cuts were being made.

Sad.

I expect that cuts are being made throughout msm. Lots of them are doubtless for economy.

And some cuts probably reflect less savory aspects of the business.

Sad.

I decided not to burden the retreat center with a call. They are probably mad enough as it is.

1 comment:

Upnorfjoel said...

Good for you Paul. I'll be looking for the retraction in one of those microscopic blubs buried somewhere at the bottom of the last page.
Unless I already missed it.
So much misinformation!