Friday, January 25, 2008

I AM CONFUSED

Tax rebates are coming our way in a few months.

I wonder if I have it right.

The national democrats and the Republicans have more or less agreed that tax money should be given back to the taxpayers in order to save the economy, in order to stave off a recession.

Give money back to the taxpayers….

But the national democrats argue that our taxes are not high enough, that we need to tax ourselves more. They do not want to make the Bush tax cuts permanent. Instead, they want to let them expire, effectively raising taxes.

But, they are hurrying to give money back.

I am confused.

But then I am retired and, as Rush says, a Seasoned Citizen. If more money in the hands of taxpayers is a good thing, and if the national dems want to give it back to them, why in hell do the national dems want to raise taxes?

National dems are a menace to the Republic.

No comments: