Friday, January 25, 2008

MORE RE I AM CONFUSED

I wonder if we are witnessing a national dem effort to, dare I say it, buy a few votes.

We are in an election year. The economy is a little edgy. The dem leadership in the Congress has been a spectacle. The dem base is not happy.

I wonder if this is a national dem attempt to buy an election.

I love it.

Give $$ back to the taxpayer. But don’t lower taxes.

It is a financial version of the national dem effort to protect the nation against barbarians while letting the anti-terrorist laws expire.

Menace!!!!!

1 comment:

Upnorfjoel said...

This action is probably the most bi-partisan activity I've seen in many years. Gee....and in an election year? Go figure! I'd be great if it wasn't so irresponsible. This little bit of money is going to do nothing to spark a revitalization.
On the Dems side, how can they argue for higher taxes and against underfunded programs, and at the same time offer up a rebate?
From the Republican side, we are fighting a war that is costing us billions. A war that one can easily argue to be serving much more of a Republican agenda. So unless they can show where spending is cut to balance this rebate, how is it that they can afford to give money away?
Both sides are buying votes, or trying to. We don't need democrats or republicans. We need conservatives. We need responsibility and accountability.
I'd rather not have the money back, and instead, have it spent by a responsible government. But that is just a dream.
So send me my check.